Download PSF2016_Authors Guidelines [Updated! 12-01-2016]
Extended Deadline: February 29, 2016
Please read carefully the information provided below and follow all instructions for submission of articles to be presented at Post Screen Festival 2016.
Authors can submit a maximum of one (1) article.
1. GUIDE—MODEL FOR THE ARTICLE PROPOSAL
- Use the document Document Template available to write the article.
- Use the pre-formatted styles of the template.
- If the article does not strictly follow the provided template the organisation will promptly exclude such paper without further notice and will not be subject to a revision.
The authors must NOT:
- Change the paragraphs, settings or styles name presented in the document.
- Format the document in such a way that resembles the template.
2. WRITING YOUR PAPER FOR THE CONFERENCE AND ESSAY BOOK
Papers must be research based and should reflect the theme of the festival.
The selection process will be done according to a double blind peer review by the members of the Scientific Commission.
In the stage of pre-submission of the paper proposal, there can be no self-quoting, or any other references that may compromise the anonymity of the author before the reviewer.
Papers shall be written in English only.
Articles already published or under review for another conference/publication will not be accepted.
2.1.1 Article extension
The paper proposal must have a minimum of 2000 and a maximum of 2500 words, including references. Authors should present an abstract in English. If the article seems to exceed the word count requested or if does not follow the provided template it will be rejected.
2.1.2 File format
The file should be submitted in .pdf format. You should save the document (“Save as”) naming it as follows: NameSurname_ Proposal.pdf
Note: the name of the file will not be displayed to the reviewer, thus maintaining the anonymity of the author.
2.1.3 Pre Submission – EasyChair Conference System
Proposals should be submitted through the EasyChair Conference System. Papers sent by e-mail will not be accepted.
Enter the link https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=psf2016 and follow these steps:
- If you do not have an account in EasyChair, you must Sign Up and follow the procedures required by the system. If you already have used EasyChair system for other conferences, you may Log In with the existing account;
- Once you have created your account you must Log In with your username and password;
- Click on New submission;
- Select PSF 2016 Conference;
- Fill Author(s) field;
- Fill Title and Abstract field [copy and paste from your paper];
- Fill 4 to 5 KeyWords [copy and paste from your paper];
- In the field Topics, select only 2 topics related to your article content;
- Upload your paper as .pdf file;
- Click on “Submit“.
Note: The EasyChair system will assign a number to your paper proposal, that later must be used for final submission, if your paper is accepted.
2.2 FINAL SUBMISSION | FULL ARTICLE
If your article is accepted you should consider the reviews by reviewers for the completion of the final article. If the assessments of the reviewers were not taken into account, the Coordinating Committee may reject the article.
Authors will be asked to fill the Copyright & Consent to Publish [go to Documentation] to authorise the article publication.
2.2.1 Article extension
The final article must have between 3000 and 3500 words, including introduction, chapters and references. Authors should present an abstract in English, between 100 to 150 words.
2.2.2 File format
The file should be submitted in .doc or .docx format, and named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_Full Article.doc
Example: 31_Smith_Full Article.doc
22.214.171.124 Images and Captions
a) A maximum of 4 images (figures, tables, and illustrations) per article will be accepted. Only quality images will be accepted and according to the instructions described below.
- The smaller side of each figure must have a minimum of 30 mm in length.
- The figures must be stored separately as image files in JPG/300 DPI/CMYK.
- The image files should be named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_figure number. Example: 31_Smith_fig01.jpg; 31_Smith_fig02.jpg; 31_Smith_fig03.jpg
- Figures should not be included in the body text. The article should reference, in the body text, all the figures submitted for publication:
Example 1: The angle of reflection equals the angle of incidence (Fig. 1).
Example 2: As you can see in Fig. 2, the angle of reflection equals the angle of incidence.
b) Each figure must be associated with a caption. Author should list and describe the captions in a separated word file, as indicated in the PSF2016 Template_Authors.doc document, and should be named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_Captions.doc
126.96.36.199 Copyrights / Bio / Author’s Picture
c) Authors must submit a short biography of 150 words in a .doc file. The bio document should be named as follows: submission number_the author’s last name_bio.
d) Authors must submit a picture of him/herself in .jpg file. The picture document should be named as follows: submission number_the author’s last name_picture.
e) Authors should obtain permission to publish copyrighted photographs, illustrations or images, and submit a written document in time for publication. If the images are from the author himself/herself, he/her should attach a document authorising the image publication.
- All attachments must be inserted in a folder and named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_Attachments. Example: 31_Smith_Attachment;
- To submit the attachment folder on EasyChair Conference System it must first be compressed in ZIP format. It should be noted that there is a maximum limit of 20 MB per submission (document + attachment)
2.2.4 Final Submission – EasyChair Conference System
Final Articles should be submitted through the EasyChair Conference System. Final papers sent by e-mail will not be accepted. Once your article is finished you should go to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=psf2016 and follow these steps:
- Log in to your EasyChair account;
- Click Submission (number assigned in pre-submission. For example: Submission 31];
- Click Submit new version;
- Upload your paper (.doc or .docx);
- Upload the attachment folder already compressed (.zip);
- Click on Submit a new version to complete the article submission
Note that there is a maximum limit of 20 MB for each submission (document + attachment)
3. PUBLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Authors should fill out the form Copyright & Consent to Publish in which they confirm that the articles are original and unpublished and that, if the work is accepted, the author undertakes to register at the Conference to present the content of the article.
If the statements are not received within the time for the publication of the Conference Proceedings, your article may not be published by the absence of legal commitment.
The organisation of PSF2016 makes no commitment to return the registry fee after July 1st, 2016.
4. REGISTRATION FEES
In order to have the article published on the book of essays as well as presenting a communication as part of the PSF2016 conference programme, authors are required to contribute with a fee to cover associated costs. For rates and methods of payment see Rules and Regulation.
5. PRESENTATION OF COMMUNICATION | CYCLE OF CONFERENCES
Communications submitted should reflect the content of the articles and cannot exceed 15 minutes. Slide show, videos, and pictures, among others, may accompany communications. Please note that the average slideshow varies between 1 to 2 slides per minute, and that the time of a film presentation must not exceed 30% of the total time available for the presentation.
The conference room will be equipped with a computer and a video-projector. If speakers wish to use a personal MAC computer, please bring the appropriate adaptor, as they will not be available.
All communications shall be presented in English.
The festival will not support for travel and accommodation expenses of authors. However, the Festival’s organisation can send a formal acceptance letter for financial support applications purposes.
6. IMPORTANT DATES
Article proposal (2000-2500 words) pre-submission
November 30, 2015 | EXTENDED DEADLINE February 29, 2016. CLOSED
Notification of article’s acceptance or rejection | mid May, 2016
Full article (3000-3500 words) final submission for publishing | May 31, 2016
- Proposal for paper (between 2000 and 2500 words, including the abstract and references), using the Document Template.
- Save the document in PDF format naming it as follows: NameSurname_ Proposal.pdf
7.2 Final Submission
- Final article (between 3000 and 3500 words, including abstract and references) in .doc or .docx format named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_Full Article.doc
- Attachment folder compressed in ZIP format with the following:
a) Images or figures (max. 4) named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_figure number;
b) Word file (.doc or .docx) with Figures Caption named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_captions;
c) Short biography (150 words max.) named as follows: submission number_author’s last name__bio;
d) Picture of yourself named as follows: submission number_author’s last name_picture;
e) Filled and signed Form: Copyright & Consent to Publish
The information contained here does not relieve a careful reading of the Rules and Regulation document.